If you live in or are traveling to New York city and need a quick getaway from the city, hudson valley is the perfect getaway for you. The beautiful region features abundant forests, fertile farmlands and dramatic views of the pristine Hudson River.
- Hudson valley region has three distinct areas and the weather can be drastically different in each area. Check weather before you make your trip.
- If you are traveling by plane or train to the valley, you’ll need to rent a car to get around.
- The locals are friendlier and engage in conversation much easier than in the city so don’t hesitate to ask for help.
Recommended daily itinerary
Estimated cost: $185-$265 per person
Located in Duchess County, New York, Beacon is a lovely city that was named to commemorate the historic beacon fires that used to blaze forth from the summit of the Fishkill Mountains.
- Make your way to Fishkill and check in to Courtyard Fishkill. With an ideal location off the highway, the hotel offers easy access to the beauty of Beacon.
- Head over to beacon city. It’s a cute town with artsy, hippie vibe to it. Explore the main street that features many stores, gallaries and restaurants.
- Head over to enoteca ama for a delightful fire-oven pizza with fresh and exciting appetizers.
- Head over to fishkill trail to hike fishkill ridge loop. The trail features include an impressive waterfall and rock outcroppings that afford breathtaking long-range vistas, including a glimpse of the Manhattan skyline. Make sure to carry water, snacks and wear good pair of hiking boots.
- Make your way to Tito Santana for delightful mexican dinner.
Hudson river cruise.
Cruise through the majestic Hudson Highlands aboard Pride of the Hudson cruise boat.
- Head over to the Tomato cafe for breakfast. You can build your own breakfast sandwich or pick one off the menu.
- Make your way to Fish kill farms and spend your morning on the farm. They have loads of orchards of all varieties of apples, peaches and pears. You can even pick your own berries. Depending on the season and what is available.
- Head over to Machu Picchu Peruvian Restaurant to enjoy some authentic Peruvian Cuisine.
- Head over to Pride’s Landing dock in Newburgh to catch your 4pm cruise. Make advanced reservations. Enjoy the spectacular views while your captain will narrate the sights along the way.
- Checkout from your hotel and make your way back to the city.