This getaway to Seattle has it all for nature lovers. Picturesque views, rewarding hikes, beautiful parks, serene lakes, and a nationally award winning zoo dedicated to conservation of wild life. There aren’t many cities that have such a great balance of city life and easy access to nature. Nestled in the Puget sound, Seattle city and nearby attractions entice nature lovers with towering mountains, alpine lakes, and picturesque beaches. There is so much to explore and soak in that 5 day trip isn’t enough for anyone. You could easily spend 5 days in a single national park nearby the city. This is one way you could sample the beauty Seattle has to offer.
- Seattle has one of the worst traffic congestion in U.S, avoid traveling in peak hours 8:00 am – 9:30 am in the morning and 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm in the evening.
- Make reservations in Zoo and restaurants ahead of time to avoid waiting in line.
Recommended daily itinerary
Estimated cost: $2500-$5500 per person
First day of the trip, check in to your hotel and get settled.
- Fly into Seatac airport.
- Drive to downtown seattle and check in to the Paramount Hotel. The Paramount Hotel Seattle summons the feel of cozy, elegant and luxurious private residence with friendly hosts and the most comfortable beds in Seattle. The Paramount Hotel has the ideal accommodations for a getaway in downtown Seattle.
Discovery park and Seattle Japanese Garden
- Enjoy your breakfast at Cherry Street Coffee House and try their cheese bagel.
- Head over to Discovery park. This 543 acre park offers something for everyone, tall trees, birds & wildlife, water views, beach access, lush meadow and gorgeous views. Hike through the trail soaking in the beauty and diversity of this park. Make sure to carry water and light snack for your hike.
- Enjoy your lunch at Red Mill Burger. Rated as one of the best burgers place in Seattle, you can’t go wrong with their burger menus.
- Drive to Seattle Japanese Garden. Enjoy peaceful stroll through the 3.5 acre garden. If that doesn’t calm your mind, beautiful koi and turtles swimming in the pond most definitely will. Keep in mind that tripods or specialized camera equipment aren’t allowed during regular garden hours.
- Enjoy your dinner at Pestle Rock Isan Thai Cuisine. We recommend their Wild Salmon.
Woodland Park Zoo and Green Lake Park.
- Enjoy your breakfast at Mr. West Cafe Bar. We recommend almond butter toast.
- Head over to Woodland Park Zoo, a wildlife conservation organization and zoological garden. Encounter majestic animals up close and enjoy the bio-diveristy the zoo offers. Check zoo schedule for animal feeding sessions and other fun activities.
- Enjoy your lunch at Windy City Pie. Popular item in their menu is meatza pizza.
- Drive to Green Lake Park. The Lake was formed 50,000 years ago by the retreat of the Vashon glacier. The park is a preserve for wildlife, most notably waterfowl, including American Coots, ducks, and geese. Enjoy strolling around the lake or if the water is warm you can swim or rent paddleboard/kayaks in the park to explore the lake.
- Enjoy your dinner at Loulay Kitchen & Bar. Popular item is duck confit sliders.
Washington Park Arboretum and Golden Gardens Park.
- Enjoy your breakfast at Bacco Cafe.
- Headover to Washington Park Arboretum. The arboretum has a large selection of trees and plants from around the world. Take a walk through the Arboretum and discover this beautiful living collection. Magnolia walkway is a paved path the length of the park. There are lots of minor trails which give you the feeling of getting lost and meandering through the landscape.
- Enjoy your lunch at Serafina. We recommend bucatini carbonara.
- Drive to Golden Gardens Park. You can hike on nearby trails or just enjoy the beach and the views.
- Enjoy your dinner at Goldfinch Tavern. We recommend goldfinch burger.
Last day of the trip.
- Pack your bags. Explore downtown Seattle until your flight time and drive to the airport. You’ll pass Boeing renton factory on your way. On non cloudy days, you might be able to spot Mount Rainer from you plane as you fly out of Sea-tac airport.