Connect with your loved one in this delightful romantic trip sailing along Amalfi coast, sipping wine overlooking Tuscany’s lush vineyards and exploring ancient city of Rome. This relaxing trip is perfect for honeymoon or any other occasions for couples who are looking to celebrate each other’s company.
- A small town of Caldari di Ortona has free wine fountain.
- Italians invented pizza in Naples.
- Italy is the world’s largest wine producer.
- Rome is over 2,000 years old – but Italy is one of Europe’s youngest countries.
- Download offline maps to help you navigate around.
- Gelato is available on most streets that is relatively cheap and a delicious treat.
- Credit cards are accepted almost everywhere but some stores might have minimum spends, carry cash for purchasing small items.
- Trains are easy and cheap ways to travel between cities. Italy’s high speed railways are pretty impressive. Make sure to validate your train tickets.
- Learn some basic Italian to impress locals and get better service.
- Tuscany steak are one of the best in the world, but the sizes are pretty big, consider sharing with your loved one.
Recommended daily itinerary
Estimated cost: $1300-$2650 per person(excluding airfare)
Fly into Florence and get settled.
Florence, capital of Italy’s Tuscany region, is home to many masterpieces of Renaissance art and architecture. The city drips beauty around every corner and is an ideal base to start a romantic trip.
- Fly into Florence Airport, Peretola.
- Check into Boutique Hotel del Corso, a small quiet hotel ideal for couples located centrally near major attractions.
- Explore near by your hotel and get settled. Major attractions like Piazza del Duomo, Piazza della Signoria, Bargello National Museum, Cupola del Brunelleschi and Uffizi Galleries are all within walking distance from the hotel. Make sure to book your tickets in advance if you are going to visit these attractions.
- Enjoy gourmet Italian recipes based on the best cheeses, truffles and wild game, served alongside world-renowned Italian wines at Degusteria Italiana agli Uffizi.
Florence bike tour and Tuscan vineyard
Explore attractions of Florence in a guided bike tour and unwind your day sipping wine enjoying stunning vineyard.
- Enjoy classic american breakfast/brunch with an exquisite Italian twist at Rooster Cafe.
- Head over to Florent Bike Rental to start your guided tour. With this easy ride through the small alleys of the city centre you will reach all the main squares and monuments in Florence and you will even have time for a gelato. Make your reservations in advance.
- Enjoy your lunch at Matto Matto.
- Make your way to The Matteraia. This family-owned and operated farm and vineyard, winery and guesthouse produces exclusive wines of northern Italian origin and offers guests stunning views of the Mugello valley, and intimate wine and olive oil tastings in a friendly, relaxed environment. Wines are paired with local products such as cheese, meats and compotes.
- End your day at Mayday club, a unique cocktail lounge with a cool vibe where locals mix with people from all over the world to enjoy amazing cocktails, handcrafted microbrews on tap and the latest music from electro-swing to trip-hop.
Arrive in Rome and explore this ancient city with iconic sightseeing, invigorating food and impressive sceneries.
- Enjoy great coffee and breakfast options at Ditta Artigianale.
- Checkout from your hotel and catch a train from Florence to Rome. This 1.5 hours train ride takes you north through Italy’s scenic Lazio and Tuscany regions. Most trains travel directly from Rome to Florence; you won’t be required to change trains. However, if you’re traveling on a slower and less expensive regional train, you may be required to transfer from one train to another. We recommend that you buy your tickets online in advance.
- Check in to Hotel Modigliani. Located in a quiet old street near the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, this boutique Rome Hotel is the ideal and charming place to have a pleasant holiday in Rome.
- Enjoy fabulous traditional Italian lunch at Osteria Barberini.
- Visit popular attractions that you’d like. You can visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Roman Forum, Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Trevi Fountain etc. Book your tickets in advance to save time and money. You can walk or take a taxi/public transport to get around. Our recommended way to explore the city is on a bicycle or scooter. You can rent your bike or scooter from My Scooter Rent in Rome.
- Enjoy authentic Italian dinner made with finest ingredients at Virginiae.
Vatican city and The Terrazza del Pincio
Visit the smallest state in the world. From St Peter’s Basilica, to the Vatican Gardens, from the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel to the archaeological points, the beauty of the Vatican is unparalleled, and every corner is rich in art and history. Enjoy spectacular sunset panaroma from the terrace of Pincian hill.
- Enjoy your breakfast at Trecaffè.
- Take a short 50 minutes flight from Athens to Chania. Chaina is the second largest city in Crete.
- Make your way to Vatican city. Make sure to purchase your 9:00 am tickets online through the official museum website. Your ticket will allow you a timed entry to the Vatican Museums, the Raphael’s Rooms and the Sistine Chapel. If you fancy, there are multiple VIP guided tour options that you can take. We recommend that you book a regular visit and enjoy your visit at your own pace.
- Enjoy tasty lunch made with natural ingredients in an unpretentious atmosphere at Ristorante Arlù.
- Make your way to Villa Borghese. Spend an afternoon wandering through the pastoral charms of the Villa, then reach the Pincio terrace at its western edge to drink in the spectacle of Rome at the golden hour. From here you can admire a stunning birds-eye perspective of Piazza del Popolo far below, not to mention the thick forest of domes, roofs and spires of the city centre.
- Enjoy outstanding dinner with a magnificent view on the city at Casina Valadier.
Experience vibrant street life, urban landscapes and delightful food of Naples to make your romantic getaway memorable.
- Enjoy hearty breakfast at Al Sipario Caffe.
- Check out from your hotel, and head over to Rome Termini to catch a train to Naples. Direct high speed train takes about an hour so we recommend that you catch the direct high speed train. Book your tickets online.
- Check in to Santa Chiara Boutique Hotel. This hotel is within walking distance of the main attractions of the city. Suites and glam rooms are designed to offer an intimate and relaxing stay for a couple.
- Make your way to Casa Buonocore for delicious Italian lunch.
- Catch a hop on/hop off bus tour of Naples. You will get to know the real beauty of the city and explore the city on your own pace.
- Enjoy amazing Italian Seafood dinner at Osteria Napulion.
The Amalfi Coast is a 50-kilometer stretch of coastline along the southern edge of Sorrentine Peninsula, in the Campania region. With sheer cliffs and a rugged shoreline dotted with small beaches and pastel-colored fishing villages, it is a popular destinations for couples.
- Enjoy early morning breakfast at your hotel.
- Take a guided boat tour of Amalfi coast taking in views of secluded beaches and caves, and making some stops for swimming and snorkeling, along the way. The tour also includes time to explore the towns of Amalfi and Positano. The tour includes lunch, snacks and beverages.
- Enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Last day of the trip
Catch your flight back home.
- Enjoy breakfast in your hotel.
- Enjoy amenities at your hotel or visit nearby attractions until your flight time. Pack your bag and get ready to leave with a special new bond with your partner.
Hope you like this vacation itinerary. Browse more sample itineraries. Let us plan for your next trip. Request your free itinerary.