Fiji is a great destination for a relaxing vacation. The island country is known for its beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush rainforests, as well as its friendly and welcoming people. The resorts and hotels in Fiji offer a wide range of amenities, including spas, swimming pools, and dining options, making it the perfect place to unwind and de-stress. Additionally, Fiji’s warm tropical climate makes it a great destination year-round.
Fiji also offers a variety of activities for those looking for a more active vacation, such as hiking, snorkeling, diving, and surfing. It’s also a perfect destination for honeymooners and couples looking for a romantic getaway.
Here is an itinerary that provides a mix of adventure and relaxation giving you the ultimate balanced vacation to Fiji.
- Fiji is an archipelago of more than 300 islands in the South Pacific Ocean. The two largest islands are Viti Levu and Vanua Levu.
- Fijians are known for their friendly and welcoming culture. They often greet visitors with a traditional “bula” greeting, which means “life” or “health.”
- Fiji is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including over 1,000 species of marine life and more than 800 species of birds.
- Fiji is known for its beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters, which are perfect for swimming, snorkeling, and diving. The coral reefs surrounding the islands are home to a diverse range of marine life, including colorful fish, turtles, and sharks.
- Fiji is a popular destination for honeymooners and couples looking for a romantic getaway. The country is also a great destination for families, as many resorts offer kid-friendly activities and amenities.
- Fiji is also known for its adventure activities such as hiking, surfing, kayaking and river rafting.
- Fijian culture is heavily influenced by its indigenous people, the iTaukei, and by the many other cultures that have migrated to the islands over the years, including Indian, Chinese, and European.
- Fiji is known for its traditional Kava ceremony, a ritual in which a mildly narcotic drink is prepared from the root of the kava plant and consumed communally.
- The Fijian currency is the Fijian dollar, which is pegged to the Australian dollar, so the exchange rate is very similar.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Fiji.
- Check visa requirements for your country and make sure you have the necessary documents before arriving in Fiji.
- Plan your trip in advance to make the most of your time in Fiji. Look into the different islands and resorts to find the best fit for your interests and budget.
- Be aware of cultural differences and customs. Fiji is a conservative country, and it’s important to dress modestly and respect local customs and traditions.
- Be prepared for the weather and pack accordingly. Fiji has a tropical climate and it can be hot and humid, so bring lightweight clothing and comfortable footwear.
- Be prepared for the potential of natural disasters like cyclones and floods, which can happen during certain seasons of the year.
- Pack sunscreen, insect repellent, and a first aid kit.
- Always carry cash, as not all places accept credit cards, and ATMs are not always available.
- Learn a few basic Fijian words and phrases, it’s always appreciated and will be useful when communicating with locals.
- Lastly, be open to new experiences and take the time to really enjoy the beauty of the islands and the friendliness of the people.
Recommended daily itinerary
First day of the trip, check in to your hotel and get settled.
- Arrive in Nadi, check into your hotel, The Terraces Apartments, which offers comfortable apartments with a kitchen, pool and spa, and spend the day relaxing and adjusting to the time difference. Travel time from the airport to the hotel is around 30 minutes.
Sabeto Mud pool & Hot springs trail and Sabeto Local villages.
- Make your way to Sabeto Vally to hike the Sabeto Mud pool and Hot Springs trail. It is a moderately difficult hike that takes around 2-3 hours to complete, depending on your level of fitness and the pace you take. The trail starts at the Sabeto Valley, and it winds through the lush rainforest and up to the hot springs. Along the way, you’ll pass through beautiful landscapes, including small rivers and waterfalls. The trail is well-marked, but it can be slippery and muddy in some areas, so it’s important to wear appropriate footwear. The trail culminates at the hot springs, where you can take a dip in the warm, therapeutic waters. The hot springs are said to have healing properties and are a great way to relax and rejuvenate after the hike.
- After your hike, you can explore the Local villages. The Sabeto Valley is home to several small villages, where you can learn about traditional Fijian culture and customs, and interact with the friendly locals.
Horse back riding, Wailoko river and Sabeto waterfall.
- Take a horseback ride through the Sabeto Valley. Many resorts offer horseback riding tours, which is a great way to experience the beautiful landscapes of the valley.
- Visit the Wailoko River. The river is famous for its clear, fresh water and is a great spot for swimming, picnicking, and enjoying the beautiful scenery.
- Visit the Sabeto Waterfall. The waterfall is a beautiful spot to take a refreshing swim and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
Garden of the sleeping Giant
- Take a trip to the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, which is home to the world’s largest collection of orchids. After that, you can hike to the top of the Sleeping Giant mountain for panoramic views of the area.
- Take a day trip to the Yasawa Islands. A high-speed catamaran whisks you away to cruise the tropical and ancient volcanic islands of the Yasawa. Enjoy an included packed lunch onboard the cruise.
- Head to the Coral Coast, where you can hike through the Sigatoka Sand Dunes National Park, visit the Tavuni Hill Fort, and see ancient Fijian burial sites. Travel time from Nadi to the Coral Coast is around 1 hour 30 minutes
- Spend the last few days of your trip relaxing on the beach, snorkeling, or taking a spa treatment.
Hope you like this vacation itinerary. Browse more sample itineraries. Let us plan for your next trip. Request your free itinerary.